domingo, 6 de julio de 2014

Be Festival

It has already started but Be Festival will re-start again this week (8th-12th July). I am recomending it and not because either Miguel and Isla (the organizers) are fantastic or because, Dadara, the Dutch artist is a fantastic opener with a great performance (I hope so because I was one of the guys that brought him from Amstrerdam last week and I found him very interesting)... It's great because it's original, it's different and is creating on me great expectations...

 

This is their website
http://befestival.org/

There are plenty of theatre companies coming, different and not conventional performances, talking about what it's real or what's not but should be... I am really looking forward to see it started and I would like to recommend it to everyone that would like to see something different in this city full of festivals.

Yes!! if you came to Brum 10/12 years ago you can see the differences in the artistic movement, there are still gaps to fill, like... what the hell is happening with the independent cinema in Brum? Where is the Birmingham International film society? Why is it dissapearing?
But I have to say that there are lots of artistic options nowadays and we have to take advantages out of it or either new galleries like The Loft in Birmingham where young talents are allow to show their work or investigations, like and her proyect I AM: AM I... or new theatres such @mockbirdtheatre in Digbeth where my film "Universal Heritage" is going to be screened again!!!! (July 30th).
So please people, don't find any excuse to see art during this summer and the rest of the year in Brum!!!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario